Monday, December 26, 2011

Lakers vs. Kings

It's difficult what to make of the Lakers at this point without Andrew Bynum in the line-up. Here we are in the 2nd of a back-to-back-to-back and it doesn't look good. Now, the Lakers have to play Utah, tomorrow.

I guess, a lot of people will look at these two opening games and think that the Lakers need some serious help. And maybe that's true, but, once again, we can't really say until Bynum returns to the line-up.

For this game against the Kings, Metta World Peace had a real good game with 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists. Troy Murphy had 8 and 8. But, from what I saw, this reminds me of the old Chris Mihm days, when Mihm would get good stats, but he couldn't protect the rim at all, which would allow teams to outscore the Lakers. In those days, the Lakers would win 2 and lose 2. It was terrible. But, I'm not trying to say that Peace and Murphy should be protecting the rim. That's isn't their role. That role belongs to Bynum.

One thing that I noticed about this game was that when the game was in question, Pau Gasol was nowhere to be found. I said to myself: is this guy done? In the absence of Bynum, Gasol isn't doing his part to make-up for production Bynum would usually provide.

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything too exciting about the Lakers. No matter what, it's obvious that the Lakers need a new point guard.

Looking around the league, I don't see any team in the league that doesn't have holes in their roster. All that to say what? This could be an open season, where anyone can win it all.

mike t.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still not used to this whole World Peace thing.

    I guess I'm supposed to appreciate the gesture (even though it won't take my mind off the Malice at the Palace) but it's just... kinda... lame, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.

    It is, but you have to respect the man decision to be called what he wants.

    Metta World Peace it is. lol!

    mike t.

    ReplyDelete

© 2011-12 http://basketballpureandsimple.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.